Thursday, July 9, 2009

Michael Jackson, Sperm, & Gay Marriage

Wow!!! Talk about some strange headlines lately?!?! People are complaining about all of the news coverage of Michael Jackson's death!!! It's really beginning to bug me! First of all if you didn't like him or are tired of hearing about it just change the channel or click on another headline!! There are other stories out there and did you honestly believe the media coverage to be any less of a circus for his death?!?! I mean look at what happened when Anna Nicole Smith died! Hello, you had to know it was going to be bigger than that! Just let the media do their thing that they always do and just sit tight, something else will happen soon enough and they'll be right on it! Remember they have no sympothy only ratings in mind!!!

Sperm from stem-cells?!?! I don't know enough about this yet to really have a strong opinion either way! I think it's great that science has come this far and I hope it continues to grow at a much faster pace! Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see cloning or people choosing the features of thier future children or anything but I do want to see cures for diseases and if we can make infertile men able to have children then so be it!!! The less pain in the world the better! I am really looking forward to see what all comes out of this now!!

Massachusetts challenging federal law that defines marriage as a union between one man and one woman "discriminating and overreaching." Ok, discriminating, yes, overreaching, not so much. I am all for the laws being changed to recognize same sex marriages and yes I believe they should all have the same rights as heterosexual married couples but I just didn't agree with the terminongly I guess! I think it is sad that now in 2009 we are fighting and trying to determine if this is wrong or right?!?! What's so wrong with recognizing them as we do heterosexual marriages. It does not make my heterosexual marriage any less of a marriage. I think if we can just recognize all people and couples with the same respect, rights, and privileges then we could all unite as a stronger country to help find solutions to other real issues!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment